C B Merchant Services is licensed, bonded and insured to collect. We protect your business and your clients since our staff acknowledges the laws, responsibilities and personal rights involved with debt collection.
To ensure our collectors understand the law, CBMS staff members and managers hold the following training certifications:
- Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) - All Staff
- California Robbins Rosenthal Act-(CA FDCPA) - All Staff
- Unfair & Deceptive Acts & Practices Act – (UDAAP) - All Staff
- ACA International Health Care Collection Management (HCM)
Designation (includes Data Security)-Management
- Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) - All Staff
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) – All Staff
- ACA International Professional Collection Specialists
– (PCS Designation) Supervisors and Management
- Professional Telephone Techniques-All Staff
- Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA)-Management
- Fact Act (FACTA)-California Fair Credit Reporting Act-Management
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)-Management
- Red Flag Rule for Identity Theft -All Staff
- Security Awareness Training-All Employees
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) -All Staff
CBMS takes location and data security seriously.
Physical facility is protected by coded key FOB entry locks. Our building is a central station monitored medium-high security facility with on-site building security 24/7.
- Physical Security-Redundant sites for disaster recovery.
- Data Security – SSAE 16, Soc 2 Compliant